Developed by Freyssinet, worldwide leader in prestressing activities, the Freyssibar prestressing system comprises a wide range of threaded bars and associated anchoring, coupling and extension devices.
This prestressing system is adapted to many applications.
Among these are :
• Permanent or temporary prestressing
• Holding down bolts for cranes, wind turbines, etc.
• Bridge construction systems
• Ground and rock anchors, rock bolts for geotechnical, mining, tunnelling works
• Heavy lifting
• Tie rods for marine works
The bars are hot rolled from high strength alloyed steel. They are subsequently cold worked by stretching and then threaded over their full length or on the extremities by cold rolling. The standard range of nominal diameters is: 26.5; 32; 36; 40 and 50 mm. Non-standard diameter bars can be delivered on request.
Bars are available in maximum lengths of 11.8 meters. Beyond this length, extension sleeves allow bars to be connected together.